Ranbir Kapoor might be one of the finest thespians to grace India’s silver screens, but his career has taken a beating recently with his last four releases flopping or barely scraping by at the box office.
He has become somewhat of a recluse this year but the unpredictable actor has out of nowhere agreed to have a heart-to-heart with Indian film critic, Rajeev Masand, where he reveals information about himself that he has not shared with the public before.
This is what I got out of the interview:
1. Ranbir Kapoor doesn’t want anyone’s pity party. He is coming back from his rut stronger than ever with a fresh perspective on life!
2. He named his dog “Guido” after the tragic hero of Italian Holocaust film classic, La Vita E Bella. This means Ranbir Kapoor is a fan of foreign films and is not a Holocaust denier. Hurrah.
3. He doesn’t feel comfortable discussing his much-publicized breakup with Katrina Kaif which is just as well since we don’t give a rat’s ass. We just want to see you back on top. It really doesn’t matter to us whether you’re humping Katrina Kaif or Caitlyn Jenner.
4. Every sought after director under the sun has a project lined up for him from Anurag Basu to Rajkumar Hirani.
5. Ranbir had a “blonde moment” when he stupidly walked up to a sobbing Natalie Portman during the Tribeca Film Festival to tell her that he’s a fan. She sensibly enough told him to “get lost!”
That’s the gist of it.
We love you Ranbir, habeebi!