It’s safe to say that we were all kvelling when we heard that Bollywood’s current biggest actor, Ranbir Kapoor, is playing Bollywood’s biggest 90’s icon, Sanjay Dutt, for a film directed by Bollywood’s biggest filmmaker of all time, Rajkumar Hirani!
Sounds like it could be the next biggest Bollywood blockbuster, right?
And although everyone on the film’s set is keeping a tight lid on things, this is what we do know thus far.
- It’s reportedly not a dark film about drugs and all the underground stuff Dutt was allegedly involved in, it’s much more of a feel-good film.
- Aamir Khan, one of Hirani’s frequent collaborators, backed out from playing Dutt’s father, Sunil Dutt. I say “good call” – playing the father of one of your peers is just plain weird.
- Madhuri Dixit, who once shared a special equation with Dutt, is not a part of the film’s plot line and hence, no actor has been cast to play her.
- Ranbir Kapoor is changing his diet and working out hard to resemble Dutt physically.
- Sonam Kapoor is reportedly playing one of Dutt’s love interests.
- Budding actor, Jim Sarbh, has also been cast in the film. His role however has yet to be revealed.
- The film is slated for an end of 2017 release.